Thursday, March 18, 2010

Venturing into the New

Okay...so this has been a week of new adventures. I think.

First, since I am currently laying my world out on it, this whole blog thing. People, read: "family," have been telling me I need one of these for my photography. The thing that finally pushed me over the edge was all the new Facebook friend requests from my last photography "gig." I finally decided that this might just be an easier solution than everyone trying to find me on FB and then requesting friendship. Then comes me having to approve. Too many steps or laziness on my part.

This brings me to the second adventure in the last week.

I got the opportunity, read: pulled kicking and screaming, into the world of wedding photography on Saturday. I am probably harder on myself than anyone is but I truly enjoyed it. I was acting as backup photographer to a wonderful lady, who was a cousin to the bride. I got there early because I love the candid shots that will be memories for this wonderful couple to remember and show their children and grandchildren, later. I have thought of things that I would like to do if I was running the show and had the time. But then I would have to become a wedding photographer and I am just not ready to commit to the stress and responsibility of that just yet. After all, any other shoot, I have re-dos. What would the preacher think if I miss the moment, don't have the settings correct on the camera, or a tornado rips through the building and gets between me and lovely couple right at the moment that he gets to kiss his bride? Things to ponder before I officially take on this stress. I would like to thank my friends for letting me practice on them and get my feet a little wet. Love you, guys!

2 comments:

  1. I love your photography! You do such an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are a little bit biased! But I love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete